About Your Sanctuary Visit
Visits by reservation only. Click the “Schedule Your Sanctuary Visit” button or call 360.264.4695 x210.
Adults – $12/ Senior (62+) / Active Military / Student – $10
Youth (4-12) – $7 / Child (3 & under) – Free
Friday, Saturday & Monday visits are scheduled at 10:00; 11:30; 1:00; 2:30
Sunday visits are scheduled: 11:30; 1:00; 2:30
Wolf Haven is a Sanctuary
Welcome to Wolf Haven International. See some of the wolves while enjoying a 50-minute guided walking visit of our sanctuary.
What is Sanctuary?
A sanctuary exists solely for its residents, and as such, their welfare should be its highest priority. A sanctuary commits to the highest level of care, and every action or procedure is examined to ensure that it best serves the animals living there. A true sanctuary does not cater to the needs and desires of people; it follows an animal-centric rather than a human-centered approach.
There is no question that all animals, both wild and domestic, “feel” their lives. They are unique, living, breathing beings with a full complement of emotions, so how we treat them matters greatly. A sanctuary provides a safe, lifetime home where its residents are free to express themselves and be appreciated for who and what they are. For those who have suffered at the hands of humans, a sanctuary helps to restore their sense of self – for that is the nature of a true sanctuary.
A sanctuary is more than just a safe haven. It is a philosophy and a guiding principle that considers all aspects of an animal’s well-being and ensures that they are treated with compassion, respect and dignity from the day they arrive until their end of days.
What Wolf Haven visitors can expect
- A 50-minute guided walking visit through the public portion of the wolf sanctuary.
- Learn about wolves, both in captivity and in the wild. (Please note: This visit may not be suitable for children ages six and under due to its informative nature.)
- Potentially see up-to 10 sanctuary residents.
- A beautiful, natural and serene atmosphere.
- An optional self-guided trail walk through restored, mounded prairie (during hours when sanctuary visits are scheduled).
- A wheelchair is available upon request
You are a guest in the wolves’ home. Wolves are wild animals and highly sensitive to their environment. In order to enhance your visit and respect their nature, we ask that you…
- Stay together as a group (or pack).
- Speak quietly and step softly.
- Mute your cell phone.
- Enjoy snacks outside of the sanctuary.
- Dress for inclement weather; wear comfortable shoes.
- Leave your pets at home.
- Please step off of the property to smoke.
- Cameras and bottled water inside the sanctuary are fine.
Click here to add your own text