by Cindy Irwin, Director of Volunteer Services, Wolf Haven International
Wolf Haven volunteers help to create a better world for wolves and people in many ways. Just as the wolf pack depends upon one another for survival, Wolf Haven depends on volunteers to help us accomplish our goals.
Here are some of many activities our volunteers are involved with that support our mission, “to conserve and protect wolves and their habitat”.
• Provide our guests with a chance to see sanctuary animals and learn about wolf behavior
• Get their hands dirty in the ground to help create a beautiful landscape
• Staff information tables that provide additional information about wolf behavior
•Ask for donations to further the work of the sanctuary
• Serve as a board member for Wolf Haven
• Use artistic talents to support our events & fundraisers
• Create unique or smelly “enrichment” for the resident animals
• Guide guests through the prairie so they can learn about the native plants and animals
• Provide information about wolf conservation throughout the community at schools, churches, fairs, and prisons
• Give visitors a memorable experience at our sanctuary
Could you be a Wolf Haven volunteer? Want to learn more? Send an email to Wolf Haven’s Director of Volunteer Services, Cindy Irwin, at email@example.com.